Sunday, October 10, 2010

Let The Right One In (2008)


Oscar, an overlooked and bullied boy, finds love and revenge through Eli, a beautiful but peculiar girl who turns out to be a vampire.

If you have read the review for Let Me In, then you already know my feelings about the two movies. This was one of my favorite movies of 2008, and one of my favorite vampire movies of all time. Also one of my favorite foreign films, the movie is Swedish.

The film is shot very beautifully, from the opening shot of snow falling in the black of night you know what this movie is going to look excellent. They take advantage of shooting in Sweden, and even though most of the movie is at night you still get some beautiful shots of the woods in winter.

Sometimes it is hard to really judge the acting of foreign films actors, because you are to busy reading the subtitles to be able to focus on the character. This may be true in my case for this movie, but I think that it was excellently cast and Kåre Hedebrant and Lina Leandersson are fantastic.

The biggest complaint I have received about this movie is how slow it is.  It definitely has the the pacing of a foreign film and I think that it adds to the movie. Those who are looking for an action packed vampire movie will not get that, but you will get a great movie that focuses on the relationship of these two children build.

If you have to choose between Let The Right One In or Let Me In, go with the original. I can't find one thing in that is better with the new one. The best thing to do though is watch them both and find out for yourself which one you like better.


When To Watch Rating: NOW


Available on Netflix Instant View

No comments:

Post a Comment